Since starting the Keto Diet I’ve not been able to enjoy my usual onslaught of chocolate covered snacks and sweet treats. I’ve got an incredibly sweet tooth so these Peanut Butter Beauty Bars, with collagen protein really do hit the spot!Jump to Recipe
A few things to note before you start… Firstly, when choosing peanut butter, always check the label to make sure there are no added sugars or additives. While the coconut flour is designed to give the bars structure, it’s also best to avoid any peanut butters that are very oily as this will make the bars ‘sloppy’ and not hold their shape. Finally, if you’re looking to buy collagen protein, I highly recommend MyProtein.com. Not only are their products great, but they regularly offer promotions and money-off discounts! (This is NOT an ad or affiliate, just my personal preference)
Depending on which brand you use, the nutritional information may vary, so be sure to use an app such as KetoDiet or Carb Manager to calculate the exact nutritional information, but as a GUIDE, each serving provides:
- 195 k/cal
- 1.8g carbs
- 4g protein
- 18.8g fat
Keto Peanut Butter Beauty Bars
- Mixing Bowl
- Hand Mixer
- Bain Marie or Microwave
- Baking sheet
- Baking parchment
- Spoon or Palette Knife
Peanut Butter Layer
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 50 g coconut flour
- 1 scoop collagen protein
- 4 tbsp butter softened
- 3 tbsp sweetner
- 100 g dark chocolate 90% cocoa, melted
- 1 tbsp butter softened
- In a bowl, mix the peanut butter, collagen powder, sweetner, butter and coconut flour until combined.
- Line a baking sheet with greaseproof or baking parchment and spread the peanut butter mixture evenly on the sheet to about 1cm thickness.
- Chill in the fridge for approximately 20-30 minutes until set.
- To make the chocolate layer, melt the dark chocolate on a bain marie or in a microwave, contantly stirring to ensure the chocolate does not burn.
- Once melted, add the butter to the chocolate and stir until the butter melts and the chocolate mixture is smooth and shiny.
- Remove the peanut butter layer from the fridge and pour the liquid chocolate on top. Smooth out the chocolate with the back of a spoon to ensure the peanut butter layer is evenly covered.
- Chill in the fridge for approximately an hour and a half, or until set.
- Cut into 16 servings and enjoy.