Firstly I must apologize for the appalling photography you are about to see… the lighting in the kitchen isn’t too great
Last night, we made some frickin’ awesome burgers.
Strolling around the supermarket deciding what to eat is always a task for two indecisive food lovers and it was only because we hadn’t had it for so long that we picked lamb and made these amazing burgers…
1 pack minced lamb
1 red onion
2 slices bread
rosemary to taste
1. Line a baking tray with greaseproof paper.
2. Slice a red onion into small pieces and create breadcrumbs from the slices of bread with a blender.
3. Empty the minced lamb into a large bowl and mix with the onion and breadcrumbs.
4. Crack the egg into a glass and whisk it quickly with a fork. Add this to your burger mix to bind it.
5. OPTIONAL: Add rosemary to the mix to taste.
6. To create the burger shapes, place the mix onto a baking tray and use a cookie cutter to cut the circles.
You can fry, grill or oven these burgers – it’s up to you 🙂
Unfortunately, I do not have any photos of the cooked burgers (they were just so yummy we couldn’t wait to eat them!) but they look so professional and you know exactly what’s gone in them!
Fabulous Fruity Flapjacks
To accompany the burgers above, we made a fruity dessert!
75g soft brown sugar
3 tablespoons golden syrup
fruit! – we used sultanas, but you could use dried apricots, nuts, etc. Anything!!
1. Preheat the oven to 180c /160c fan/ gas mark 4
2. Line a baking tray with greaseproof paper (a 20cm tin should be fine)
3. Melt the butter in a pan. Gradually add the sugar, syrup, oats and fruit to the mix. The mix will get quite thick!
4. When it’s all mixed together, transfer the mix to the baking tray. Make sure the fruit is covered and not too exposed otherwise it will burn.
5. Bake for 20 – 25 mins. (Our oven gets very hot, so 20 mins was enough for us)
6. Once cooked, cool on a wire rack – don’t try to cut it until it has cooled completely!