Big thankyou to Steph for allowing me to guest on This beautiful daydream. I came across Steph and her Blog originally on Twitter while searching new blogs. After having a read through I realised some of our posts were quite similar and after finding her post searching for guest bloggers I just HAD to click follow and get in touch
The Cold Weathers Coming, Are You Excited Or Dreading It?
It feels like only yesterday I was posting pictures, status updates and tweets about how excited I was for summer. The weathers warmer, days get longer, hair gets lighter and skin gets darker. I had plans for Zante this summer ( that’s another story ) so the majority of my posts were like so…
Yet before we know it it’s all been and gone. That last three day weekend and bank holiday appears to many to symbolise that it’s all down hill from there. No more cold ciders and good old british Barbeques. Septembers here, the kids are back at school, it’s getting that little bit colder and Social Media begins with the annual far-too-early Christmas countdown.
It’s not all doom and gloom though. There’s still loads and loads to look forward to and love about the autumn and winter months … And I’ve taken the pleasure of pointing them out by listing them in this post.
1) Sales .. Ok so these tend to start a little earlier than September, but it’s the perfect time to hunting bargains for next year or your wintersun holiday
2) School / College starts again… Not great if you’re a teacher ( sorry Steph ) but for the rest of us it means less teenagers hanging meaninglessly around the town ( yes I know we all did it ). Plus if you’re a parent it means getting a little break from the munchkins or paying less for childcare.
3) Cold weather = going back to your ‘winter’ wardrobe.. Cozy jumpers, baggy hoodies, thick tights ( and not having to constantly shave your legs ) no more bikini body stress. Cute, scarves, gloves and beanie hats.
4) One word ‘Onesies’.. It’s now more acceptable to wear it all day, I mean it’s cold after all, although probably not to work. No matter what the experts say they won’t go out of fashion. With my collection I alone won’t let it.
^^ sorry about the poor pic ( been really poorly this week. )
5) Halloween.. Ok, so although it’s not as big here as in the states, it’s still a good chance to dress up. If you have kids you can dress them up too as a cute ( I mean scary ) witch, wizard, zombie. Someone’s bound to have a party and of course pumpkin carving.
6) Fireworks / Bonfire Night.. Remember remember the 5th of November, gunpowder, treason and plot (I think that’s the rhyme) Grab the friends, or family wrap up warm, buy some sparklers and head to the nearest display. Remember, pets won’t enjoy the light and noise as much as you though. Keep them inside… Make plenty of oooh and ahhhh noises
7) Hot Chocolate… Wether it’s, Starbucks, Costa or tucked up on the sofa at home. Autumn / Winter is hot chocolate season. What’s not to love about chocolate?
8) Good TV is back.. Saturday nights are all about the Xfactor and Strictly. The perfect excuse to stay in curl up and save some money for the party season eeek.
9) Good Food.. No more bikini diets, good hot meals are here to stay for the next few months. Lasagne, cottage pie, spag bowl and good old British roasts ( ok a roast is all year round ) Winters the time to ditch the salad and become a foodie. Don’t get me started on party food and drinking..
10) CHRISTMAS.. Every year it seems to get earlier and earlier and come around quicker and quicker. The parties, Christmas shopping, advent calendars, Santa, cheesy Christmas albums on repeat. Time to release your inner child and believe in the magic of the season. Watch the movies enjoy the food etc and try to remember what it’s all about.. Be grateful, reminisce and accept that families; you can’t live with them, can’t live without them!
The cold weathers coming wether you like it or not.
May as well stick the kettle on, curl up in your onesie and think of all the positives.
Lots of love
Make sure you visit Charlotte’s Blog and leave her lots of nice comments 🙂
You can also follow Charlotte on her social media by clicking these links…